Series: Magnificent Black Girls

Jai’Dior Beauty 
Magnificent Black Girls
“Timing is everything… Be your own boss” – Armani Banks



We all reach an age where we are asked multiple questions, the most important being: “where do you see yourself in the future?” “what are your dreams?” “who do you want to be?” For many of us, these can be difficult questions and ones we simply don’t have the answers to yet. In many of our lives we start one path only to find ourselves doing something different.
Armani Banks 19-year-old hairstylist found herself in the same position as she began picking what she wanted her future to look like. She found a passion and inspiration for doing hair at a young age, her mom who taught her what she knows today, and inspired the work she does every day. “ She taught me at a very young age how to braid and style hair and at a certain age she would stop doing my hair when I got into trouble at school or not doing my chores, so I had to learn quick styles on my own and I just took off from there.” This passion didn’t come with the support she thought, with doubt from those who surrounded her, and her own confusion she did what many do and listened to what she thought was her goal and went to school. I started doing hair at a young age, but I didn’t take it seriously until about the summer of 2017 once I lost my job at Costco. I’ve always hated working under other people, I wanted my own business, however I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do. A lot of people around me often doubted me and said that being a hairstylist wasn’t a real job and I wouldn’t make much of an income…I started attending COD for Nursing and quickly realized…that major and career WAS NOT for me.”
             
Soon after she realized nursing was not for her, she took her inspiration and dream and made it into a reality. On December 10, 2017 she found a studio place for rent in Lombard Illinois and started AJ&CO Salon. Where she has made dozens of young women happy with new looks and styles.

Her plans don’t stop here, In the next 3 years, I see myself OWNING a one stop shop that will include, a hair salon, a barber shop, lash extensions, facials, my hair line and beauty products and lastly nail techs.”

With the motivation from her son, she continues to grow and expand her brand, her goals do not stop just here. With hard work and dedication, she believes all young women can do what they want as long as you set your mind to it. Follow your passion, don’t just do something because you can- do it because you love it. Anybody can do hair, but EVERYBODY can’t do hair HOW YOU DO HAIR. Set your own trends, follow your own wave and never get discouraged or envious of how much exposure or likes the next person gets…because, you never know what it took for that person to get where they are, and you never know what’s destined for you and what’s in store for you. Timing is everything...Be your own boss no matter how difficult it may seem, it’s more beneficial in the long haul. Invest into your future, invest in your passion, invest in your happiness” 

Contact info: 
Instagram @Jai.dBeauty

Armani Banks
630-430-0878
Armani.banks@icloud.com
Mani Banks-Fb
JaiDior- Personal Instagram



Comments

Popular Posts