The Better Me Challenge

So this Summer, I really want to focus on bettering myself and, I don't just mean getting fit and eating healthy, I mean the whole package deal, getting fit, eating healthy, taking care of myself, being financially stable, mentally stable and being the best version of myself, for myself. SOO, I am going to do a Summer challenge where I change my eating habits, my sleeping habits, and my daily routines. While I change my life I am going to document it and share with you guys!

 I am going to do this for the ENTIRE Summer to the best of my ability. I am also, going to be 100% honest about my journey, I don't know about you guys but, I HATE when people do these challenges and swear up and down they didn't cheat or struggle while doing it. I refuse to pretend and I know myself there will be days I will complain and want to give up so I am going to share it all with you.

I really want this challenge to be different, I am not just trying to lose weight and be healthy I really am trying to better my mental and physical health. This year not only have I not taken care of myself but, I have stressed myself out so much I was in the hospital in December for basically over stressing, not sleeping enough, not eating right, and not drinking enough water. My ENTIRE sophomore year of college I struggled with acne (I haven't had this much acne since I was 12) and, I just did not take care of myself the way I should have been.

Now that school is out, I want to prepare myself for the following school year. This Summer is a busy one for me and I think it'll be a perfect way to start this challenge and, juggle everything else and learn  to still take care of myself while being busy.

THE GAME PLAN:

MEAL PREPPING:
I am always on the go and almost never home... it is so easy to stop and, grab fast food (chicken nuggets are my weakness) So my goal is to eliminate junk food and fast food. This will honestly be my biggest challenge yet.

HAIR & FACE ROUTINE:
My acne was honestly caused from lack of sleep, water, and stress. My hair, for awhile was really healthy till I was tired of it being curly and straightened it (I know I hate myself). I want to go back to being COMPLETELY NATURAL so, no hair straightening or any of that (If you have any suggestions for natural hair oils or conditioners for curly hair lemme know ladies) and, as it is I wear very minimal makeup but I want to TRY and wear absolutely no makeup all summer. So, no mascara no highlight, no concealer (that I've worn maybe twice in life) just bare face.

NO ALCOHOL:
I mean I am not a huge party girl but I like to go out but, I always feel so bloated the next day so I want to go the rest of the summer not drinking (I really might fail at this one so wish me luck).

WORKING OUT:
I am not big for going to the gym, honestly the gym is boring as shit to me. I like to stay active though, so I bike ride and I swim (being a lifeguard and all) so I plan on doing a lot more of that. Also, found this weighted hula hoop in my uncles garage and I am going to ask to borrow it to do 20 minutes a day. Now I know you're thinking... A HULA HOOP but, it is a lot harder than it sounds.

SLEEPING HABITS: 
I HAVE TERRIBLE SLEEPING HABITS, I take way too many naps, for way too long and, I stay up way too late. I want to try and get 8 hours of sleep a night during the week. Weekends, I'm sure sometimes I'll be up late but, I'll still try.

SAVING MONEY:
Now that I got a pay raise, and a promotion I want to save WAY MORE MONEY. I have a huge problem with saving money... I always go shopping or buy food. So, with eliminating junk food and fast food I'm hoping that will help. The shopping... I'm not sure baby steps. With each pay check I want to save 200 (or more if possible).


The rest, well I am winging it as I go, each week I will update you guys with blog posts, pictures and videos! So stay up with me this summer, and I will post every week, maybe even twice a week. Wish me luck!

Comments

Popular Posts