For The Next Chapter In Your Life

I want to dedicate this post to my cousins as they graduate High School and begin the next chapter of their lives and face college. I want you all to know how proud I am of you, and all your hard work and I know some days may have felt like the hardest time of your life, some days you may have stressed to the point of no return, you worried about exams like your ACT or SAT, you worried about finals and AP exams, you worried about college applications and where you were going to go next.
You focused your lives on sports, band, music, theatre, working, friends, all while passing High School and making it to graduation.

Now, you are being asked the hardest question of all who are you going to be in this world. I want you to know, it's okay not to know and to be a little confused but, strive to be great and I know that sounds corny and cliche but trust me when I tell you there are so many ways to make a difference in this world and I want you guys to go out and find one. Find something that makes YOU happy, not your mom or dad you. Don't look for a career just to make a lot of money, choose a career path that will make you happy going into work each day doing what you love.

I will not sit here and lie and tell you this will be easier, or that the hard part is almost over because, believe me it isn't. You are going to lose yourself and re find yourself and maybe lose yourself one more time after you thought you had it all figured out. That's okay too, this is the time to build yourself, to figure out things you do like the things you don't, figure out things about yourself you never thought would be you. One minute you'll have it all figured out and feel finally put together and the next you won't. You will have lots of homework (sorry to say that doesn't go away) and on top of a paper you may have an exam and presentation all in the same week, life may feel impossible sometimes, and in those moments take a breathe, look around, and think of all the hard work that got you here. I promise it is possible and you will get through it.

Get involved! Make the most out of your college experience join clubs and organizations, start your own organization, go to all the events held on campus (you usually get free stuff) utilize your resources, go out and meet new people, introduce yourself to faculty members other than your professors. The connections and networking you do in college will forever follow you in your future endeavors.

I want to warn you, you will lose friends, and people who you thought would always be there for you and don't let that discourage you. You will meet a whole new world of people that will be on the same exact page as you maybe even more so than your friends in High School.

Please never change, for anyone. Don't let anyone tell you who you're supposed to be or what you should be doing you'll figure it out. Don't let this world beat you, you beat this world and change it to what you want it to be. Have dreams and dream big, no dream is too big and if they aren't telling you, you can't then you aren't dreaming big enough.

 Most importantly, know I will be here every step of the way. I will be here on good days, the bad ones, the ones that seem so overwhelming that no one gets it. I get it, I know and I will never pass judgment, I will do my best to give guidance and advice and help. Know you can come to me for anything (except money, we are all now broke college students) I always have your backs.
I love you guys and don't ever forget it.
- xoxo Daniella


Sabrina,
Stop stressing so much and I know you are so ready to go off and be on your own and do things by yourself but, don't be afraid to ask for help along the way. Sometimes we all need help, and don't be so hard on yourself when you can't figure it out or when things don't go as planned, just breathe and try again. I am so proud of you, despite all odds and no matter how hard school got you kept pushing.You were so determined to be great and thats what makes you so amazing that even when you didn't want to anymore because you were so frustrated you did it. I know school has never been your favorite but, you are so intelligent and don't ever think differently of yourself. COD isn't ready for you and all the great things you have in store. Go out and change the world with your kind heart, beautiful smile, and resilient personality and know I'm here always.






Gianna,
You are brave, you are kind, you are resilient, you are intelligent, you are stubborn but determined, you are hard working, and you are capable of anything you set your mind to. I can't wait to see what great things you will do at DePaul, you don't even know what great things are in store for you yet. Never change, for anyone always be you no matter how many times this world tries to convince you not to be remember it's what got you here. Know that, things will get tough with each step you take but you will be one step closer to your dreams. When you do dream, dream big don't ever let anyone tell you your dreams are too vast if they do they aren't your kind of people. You are going do amazing things and I can't wait to be apart of them.






Anna,
To my Anna Banana, you have a heart of gold, always ready to take care of someone never change that about yourself but, don't forget to take care of yourself too. You are kind, brilliant, quiet but not someone to mess with either. You can do anything you set your mind to, just like this accelerated program at COD your determination to get a degree in three years and start working in your field is incredible. The road is going to be long and tough but if anyone can do it, it's you. You are going to change lives and I can't wait to watch you do amazing things in the medical field. Watching you walk across that stage and receiving your High School diploma was huge and made me cry! But I am so proud of you and your next journey, you will be magnificent.
Susan,
To my Susie girl, you I get to keep an extremely close eye on you as you embark on your journey at AU. Watching you graduate last Sunday really hit home for me you went from the little turd who stole my candy to baby cousin coming to college with me. (I was very emotional) I am so proud of you and I know you are a little confused on what you want to do but, that is okay, when you know you'll know trust me. You are so smart, and talented you and your sister are such gifted artists, you are brave, and so down to earth. Be fearless, in everything you do I can't wait to see all the great things you are going to do at AU, and in your career, and your life. You are capable of so many great things and I want you to do any and everything you set your mind to, even if it seems impossible to do, do it anyway. Even if someone tells you, you can't. Don't doubt yourself, even on the days you feel like your falling know you can always get back up.

Comments

Popular Posts