Letter to my Ex

To my Ex,
Now I know what everyone is expecting from this letter it’s hatred and a lot of it, but I am not here to shed hate because I don’t hate you. No part of me has ever hated you even if I said it to you out of anger… and I am sorry for that. I am sorry for saying things to you that I didn’t mean because of heartache. You know a year ago I knew exactly what I wanted out of life, I knew where I was going, I knew what I was going to do, I had so many plans and every single one of those plans involved you. Our breakup was sudden and unexpected and for awhile I was very angry about it. I was cold, I was lost, and I felt like I hated you but I didn’t I just needed time to realize that. I kept saying how you were a waste of two in a half years but, you weren’t. We were far from perfect, in fact sometimes we were kind of mess but you were my mess. You know I’m not sure you’ll ever read this or come across this but if you do, Dominic, I will always care and love you. We may not be in love with each other but, I wish you nothing but happiness in life I want you to do great things just like we used to talk about, I want you to be unbelievably successful, I want you to fall immensely in love with someone, I want you to be the best you that you’ve ever been in your life, I want you to get your dream car and motorcycle (even though they are extremely dangerous) and I want your life to be full the kind of life you don’t regret. Please regret nothing you do, make mistakes but don’t let them discourage you, and fall in love don’t be your quiet closed off self let someone in. Go out and do different things, things you normally wouldn’t, find adventure in the little things. Stay kind and humble, something I always admired about you how kind and polite you always were. You were always so stubborn but determined and self driven when it came to things, you set your mind to things and you always got stuff done. I want you to know you were my best friend and my first love. My mom loved you and my family adored the way you treated me even if they didn’t know everything… and I want you to know I kept that image of you I don’t want you to think I bashed you to them. I just tell them we grew apart and partly we did and that’s okay. We needed to be apart in order to figure out ourselves and I am not mad at you for that. Maybe we’ll cross paths again someday, maybe we’ll be a little older and more put together and realize we belong together but, maybe we won’t and maybe we’ll realize our relationship was just the stepping stone to a better one. Whatever the case may be I love you and who you are as a person I hope you continue to grow. Never forget to stay true to yourself and don’t do anything that doesn’t make you happy.
Love always, Dan Dan

Comments

Popular Posts